SIZE: 8” round and cookies
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
1. Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe to create 3.5” round cookies. Bake and let cool.
2. Mix two batches of green and blue cookie glaze/icing using Lucks Leaf and Royal Blue Premium Gel Colors; dip cookies in blue glaze and then pipe green glaze “land masses” using a #3 Piping Tip. TIP: overpipe green glaze before blue glaze crusts, so that the colors settle together.
3. Mix tinted buttercream icings in Violet Premium Gel Color and Royal Blue Premium Gel Color.
4. Ice the cake in variegated blue and violet buttercream.
5. Arrange one decorated earth cookie on the top lower left of the cake.
6. Mix Neon Bright Green icing using gel color and use it in a #3 Piping Tip to pipe “outerspace alien brainwashing waves” extending upward from the globe, as shown.
7. Attach one Spaceship Assortment Dec-Ons® decoration to the top of the cake, at the tip of the “alien waves.”
8. Use white icing in a #3 Piping Tip to pipe inscription and a few small clusters of “stars.”
9. Use violet icing in a #8 Piping Tip to pipe an elongated bottom beaded border.
10. Finish remaining cookies with Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz