Autumn Fables Cake Pops
SIZE: Other (cake pops)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Fashion cake pops from cake scraps and buttercream, then shape into balls.
2. Melt your desired amount of white chocolate, and use a very scant amount of color to tint. Alternately, use oil-based candy colors or pre-colored candy melts.
3. Dip the end of a fancy candy stick into a bit of chocolate. Insert the stick halfway into the base of each large cake ball--the melted chocolate will help the ball adhere to the stick.
4. Repeat this step until all cake balls are fitted with sticks. Chill pops thoroughly in the refrigerator for easy handling.
5. When pops are chilled, melt enough tinted chocolate to fill a medium bowl at least halfway. Dip a ball into the melted chocolate to cover.
6. Before the chocolate sets on each, use a food-safe sponge to create a mossy texture on the solidifying coating.
7. When all pops are set, attach Dec-Ons® with a small dab of melted chocolate.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz