SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Prepare your favorite gingerbread dough, and use a specialty cutter to cut house shapes. Alternately, create your own pattern and cut dough with a kitchen or X-Acto knife. TIP: Leftover Edible Image® or Designer Prints™ backing makes a wonderfully stable template material.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Setting aside some white run icing, use Lucks Premium Gel Colors to tint red, pink, lime and blue batches of run icing.
4. Use a #3 plain round tip with standard consistency icing to pipe all outlines as shown. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in run sugar colors using #3 tips. Use white run sugar icing to prepare some of the cookies for Designer Prints™ decorations. Allow all icing to dry completely.
5. Cut pieces of Designer Prints™ decorations to fit the shape of the roof, and attach to dried white run sugar using a light application of corn syrup.
6. Finish by attaching Dec-Ons® decorations and flower quins with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz