SIZE: Other (dipped apples)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Dress up traditional holiday apples—and even the sticks!—with edible decorations from Lucks.
1. Wash and dry apples, then remove the stem. It’s a good idea to start a “pilot” hole for the apple stick before dipping or wrapping the apples to ensure that it will enter easily and stand straight; this can be done with a large skewer or a chopstick.
2. Insert lollipop sticks into apples.
3. Melt a good amount of chocolate or ganache, and prepare a receiving pan or cookie sheet by lining with parchment or wax paper.
4. Dip apples in chocolate, and let rest on receiving pan for 10 minutes.
5. Additional piping can be added—scrolls, leaves, or a design of your choosing—using fudge or ganache with a #3 plain round tube. If using dipping chocolate for the piping, do not use a metal tip; it will cool the chocolate too quickly and cause it to seize.
6. Finish apples with Hand Molded Maple Leaves, and take it one step further by attaching leaves to the lollipop sticks for a contemporary, “dessert table” vibe.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz