Farm Animals Face Cakes
SIZE: 8” double-layer rounds
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
1. Mix batches of piggy pink and black icings using Premium Gel Colors. TIP: Just a touch of Red Red and Orange color mixed together will yield the perfect piggy pink!
2. Ice two rounds in white icing, and one in pink.
3. Use black icing in a #8 round tip to pipe spots on the cow’s face, smoothing with a spatula.
4. Use pink icing in a #807 tip to pipe the cow’s and the pig’s noses.
5. Arrange fondant face pieces on each cake, as shown: black rounds for the pig’s eyes and cow’s nostrils, hearts for the lamb’s and pig’s noses, and eyes and ears for all three. TIP: Curve the lamb’s ears into a U-shape, and fold over the edges of the pig’s ears just a bit at the corner, for a more characteristic look.
6. Use white icing in a #3 round tip to pipe glimmer’s in piggy’s eyes.
7. Use black icing in a #3 round tip to pipe the lamb’s mouth.
8. Use pink icing in a #5 tip to pipe trim on the pig’s ears, coordinating to his skin color.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz