Floral Planter Cake
Floral Planter Centerpiece Cake
SIZE: 6” square
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
1. Mix small batches of icing in a wide variety of colors to suit your theme, using Premium Gel Colors.
2. Ice the cake.
3. Apply Wood Grain Designer Prints® sheets around the sides of the cake. (Tip: to mimic the look of a real wood planter, allow a ½” strip of the Designer Prints® sheet to fold over each top edge.)
4. Pipe a mound of green icing on the top center of the cake.
5. Use #3, #8, #143, #104 and #124 Piping Tips to pipe icing flowers. Refrigerate for easy handling, or apply directly to the cake.
6. Beginning at the bottom of the green icing mound, arrange flowers around the top of the cake. When the first base “ring” of flowers is complete, begin the next row or “ring.” Repeat until the full mound is covered. Intersperse Royal Icing Roses throughout the arrangement as you go.
7. When all flowers have been placed, use a #352 Piping Tip with olive green icing to pipe leaves throughout the bouquet.
8. Use a #3 Piping Tip with leaf green icing to pipe fern-like tendrils around the top sides of the cake, as shown.
Decorating idea by Lori Cook