Flower Garden Bugs and Bees
SIZE: Other (cake slices)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Mix batches of mauve, golden yellow, blue, light neon green, olive green, pink, and orange icings using Premium Gel Colors. TIP: for a no-fade pink, use a scant amount of Red Red gel mixed into icing. For mauve, mix a scant amount of Red Red and Purple together into icing.
2. Fill, assemble and ice an 8” round cake using light neon green icing.
3. Use olive green icing in a #8 round tip to pipe a stem and leaf halfway down the center of each slice, as shown.
4. Use orange, golden yellow, blue and pink icings in #10 round tips to pipe a variety of simple flower petals.
5. Use mauve icing in a #5 tip to pipe a stamen ring over the pink flower, as shown.
6. Finish with Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz