SIZE: Other (cake pops)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Have on hand candy sticks and white and green dipping chocolate or candy melts—these items are available at most craft stores. Have a piece of Styrofoam ready to accept pops as they’re completed.
2. Mix cake pop dough from cake scraps and buttercream, then shape into rounds.
3. Melt a small amount of chocolate on the stove top or in a microwave. Dip a candy stick in a bit of chocolate and insert into one cake ball about halfway (the melted chocolate will help the cake ball adhere to the stick). Repeat this step until all cake balls are fitted with sticks. Chill pops thoroughly in the refrigerator for easy handling.
4. When pops are chilled, melt enough chocolate to fill a small or medium bowl at least halfway.
5. Dip each pop into the melted chocolate to cover; let drips fall from the back of the ball, tapping the pop’s stick on the bowl rim to remove excess.
6. Before chocolate sets up, gently sprinkle with Green Sanding Sugar. TIP: Do not force pop into a bowl of sugar to coat; this will disturb and distort the chocolate coating.
7. Attach Helmet Assortment and Football Dec-Ons® decorations to pops using dabs of melted chocolate.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz