Frankie Square Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
These run sugar Frankie cookies are an easy, fun addition to your Halloween sweets display.
1. Make cutout cookies using the straight side of the Square Two-Sided Cutter Set (Item 46664). Cookies should measure around 3 ½ inches in diameter.
2. Use a 2:1 ratio of Lucks Egg Shade Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10160) to Green Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10162) to mix the green royal icing, and use Lucks Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45290) for the black royal icing.
3. Set aside the black icing and 1/3 of the green icing, making sure to store them in airtight containers. To thin down the run sugar icing, add a small amount of warm water to the remaining 2/3 green icing. To test for correct consistency, drop the thinned-down royal icing from your spatula back into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing is of the correct consistency.
4. Use a #3 plain round tube (Item #11022) to coat the cookie in green run sugar.
5. Attach Scary Eyeballs Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #42406) to the icing before it dries.
6. Use a #8 plain round tube (Item #11031) and the regular green royal icing to pipe two lower eyelids under the eyes.
7. Use a #3 tip and the black royal icing to pipe hair, facial features and neck bolts.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz