Geek Apple Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use a specialty cutter in the shape of either an apple or a pumpkin to cut dough. Bake cookies and let cool.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method; to make icing for this run sugar method, make a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Tint the regular consistency royal icing using gel color; mix batches of run sugar using airbrush colors.
4. Use a #2 tip to pipe black outlines, as shown.
5. Use #2 tips to fill outlines with run sugar.
6. After the icing has set up, use a small dab of regular or royal icing to attach Dec-Ons® decorations for a finish with personality!
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz