SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Perfect for any Spring or Summer event: Mother’s Day, Birthday, Shower, new job, housewarming, just because!
1. Mix or have on hand yellow icing (buttercream or non-dairy tinted with Lucks Lemon Yellow Liqua-Gel Color, or pre-colored whipped topping.
2. 1. Mix or have on hand pink icing (icing colored with Ribbon Pink Liqua-Gel Color), or pre-colored whipped topping.
3. Set aside a small amount of yellow icing and add a scant amount of Leaf Green Liqua-Gel to make a lime-colored icing.
4. Take the cake from the freezer and let rest for just a few minutes, to allow the ice crystal to soften. Use this time to fill your pastry bags:
--one with yellow and a #5 plain round tube
--one with pink and a #5 tip
--one with lime and a #5 tip
--one with white and a #10 plain round tube
5. Apply the green print from the Polka Dots Variety Designer Prints™ decorations to the sides of the cake, leaving a 1/3” gap between each strip. Three strips will fit evenly around a 10” cake. TIP: If the cake is still coated in frozen ice crystal, the strips may not adhere—a slight condensation build-up is ideal.
6. Pipe beaded top and bottom borders using white icing in the #10 tip, and then pipe a few beads where the gaps exists between Designer Prints™ strips.
7. Pipe a lime green outline around the top border, as shown, with lime icing in a #5 tip.
8. Pipe a few simple outline flowers with pink icing, and fill the center(s) with yellow stamens.
9. Pipe lime green stems to finish.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz