SIZE: 8” rounds
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
There’s no trick to these effortless treats!
1. Ice the cakes.
2. Use Lucks Liquid Airbrush Colors in Orange, Purple and Yellow mixed with Green in a 3:1 ratio, to spray the sides of the cakes.
3. Apply Happy Halloween Variety Pack Edible Image® decorations to the cake tops.
4. Mix a batch of purple fondant or icing.
5. Mix a small batch of black icing, using Lucks Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color.
6. Use Bright Jumbo Quins to adorn the sides of the pumpkin cake.
7. Use extruded or hand-rolled purple fondant—or purple icing in a #10 round tip—to create a bottom border for the treat bag cake.
8. Attach Candy Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations around the sides of the treat bag cake.
9. To create the fondant spider web decorations, roll out White Vanilla fondant and cut 8 triangles to the height of the bones inscription cake. Use the bottom of any standard size cake decorating tip to cut away a few notches in the base of each triangle, as shown.
10. Use a straight edge to impress two lines in each spider web, running from the top tip of the triangle and spanning to each intersection of cutaways, as shown.
11. Use a variety of sizes of round cake decorating tips to impress the webbing.
12. Attach fondant spider webs evenly around the sides of the cake, alternating orientation. TIP: If the icing has crusted, apply a light coat of clear piping gel to the back sides of the webs.
13. Place one black quin from Black and Orange Jumbo Quins between each spider web.
14. Use black icing in a #2 round tip to pipe spider legs along each side of each quin.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz