Happy 4th Hand Pies
Skill level: Moderate
1. Use your favorite pie dough and cut into rectangles about 3” x 4.5” in size.
2. Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of your favorite fruit pie filling onto the center of a pie dough rectangle. Brush edges of pie dough lightly with egg wash mixture.
3. Place another pie rectangle over pie filing and crimp the edges closed with the ends of a fork. Can also make a decorative cut-out shape on tops of pies with a small cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining dough rectangles and pie filling.
4. Bake until light golden brown.
5. When completely cooled, pipe decorative lines onto tops of pies with thinned icing.
6. Top with American Flag Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Ann Bennett & Charra Fulton