Happy Easter Cakes
SIZE: 8” double-layer rounds
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Mix batches of orange, light green, grass green, light purple, yellow, and light teal icings using Premium Gel Colors.
3. Ice some 8” rounds in white, applying Edible Image® Decorations to the top of each cake.
4. Ice remaining rounds in light pastel colors such as yellow, light green and light teal, as shown.
5. Apply your choice of sprinkles to the sides of each cake. TIP: We used a mix of sprinkles including egg quins, pastel quins, pearls, non-pareils, sugar and jimmies!
6. Use orange, teal and purple icings in #22 star tips to pipe top borders around Edible Image®-topped cakes.
7. Use white icing in a #22 star tip to pipe top borders around the green and yellow cakes.
8. Arrange Dec-Ons® Decorations on the tops of each cake, as a border (Hop To It), part of the message (Happy Easter), or as a stand-alone design (Eggs in Easter Grass).
9. Use green icing in a #8 round tip to pipe a grassy border around the teal cake, as shown, as well as a grass bed on the top of the yellow cake.
10. Use orange icing in a #8 round tip to pipe “Hop To It” on the teal cake.
11. Use purple icing in a #8 round tip to pipe “Happy Easter” on the green cake.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz