SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
So versatile and sweet, these hot air balloon cookie pops are sure to
1. Use your favorite cut-out cookie formula and specialty cutters in the shape of either a hot air balloon or a light bulb. Alternately, you may use the 2” circle cutter from the Plain Round Cutter Set and cut and attach a small piece of dough to the base manually, for the basket. Before baking, insert one candy stick (available at most craft stores) into each cookie.
2. Bake your cookies and let cool.
3. Roll out some White Vanilla Fondant and attach strips of Polka Dot Designer Prints™ decorations to the fondant with a light mist of water. TIP: Number of strips required will depend on your cookie quantity (roughly three cookies per strip).
4. Cut circles of fondant with the 2” round cutter.
5. Attach fondant circles to cookies with a little icing or with a light coat of corn syrup.
6. Use white royal icing in a #3 plain round tip to pipe the outline of the basket and balloon straps, as shown.
7. Thin down a small amount of royal icing with a few drops of water, and separate into three containers. Use Lucks Liquid Airbrush Colors in Red, Blue and 3:1 Yellow to Green, to create coordinating icing colors for each of the three colors of polka dot pattern.
8. Use a #3 tip to run the colored icings into the basket outlines, to match each polka dot balloon.
9. Finish each hot air balloon with a Small Flower Assortment Dec-Ons® decoration, attached with a small dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz