SIZE: 8” square
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Turn back the clock with this classic retro Hot Rod favorite!
1. Ice cake in white icing and apply Classic Checks Designer Prints™ decorations on the side of the cake. For professional looking results, trim the white ends from print with a ribbon insertion tool with the pointed blade (Item #11752) or use an X-ACTO type razor knife.
2. Apply 50’s Hot Rod Birthday Edible Image® decoration (Item #43030/12-count or #43031/single).
3. Mix yellow and red icings using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Lemon Yellow (Item #45288) and Super Red (Item #45284).
4. Using red icing and a #48 small basket weave tip (Item #11036), pipe a zig-zag border around the bottom of the cake; with white icing and a #8 plain round tube (Item #11031), pipe a beaded border around the bottom.
5. With yellow icing and a #8 tip, pipe four arrows around each top corner, to mimic the yellow arrow sign depicted in the image; outline each arrow with red icing and a #4 plain round tube (Item #11026).
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz