Kiss Me I'm Irish Cookies
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
1. Make your favorite sugar cookies using specialty cutters to make your favorite shapes. Bake and let cool.
2. Make a batch of royal icing and reserve 1/3 of the batch. With the first 2/3, thin it down with warm water until you get the correct consistency for using the run sugar method. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Using a #3 Round Piping Tip and white thinned down icing, pipe outline around cookie. Immediately go back and fill in center of cookie. Make sure to pop any air bubbles using a pin or a scribe tool. Let set up completely.
4. Color the remaining 1/3 icing green using Leaf Green Premium Gel Color.
5. Using a #2 Piping Tip and green icing, pipe message as shown.
6. Attach a Love Letters Assortment Dec Ons® decoration with a dot of icing.
Decorating idea by Lori Cook