Jolly Roger Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Jolly Roger cookies make an arrrrr-guably fun treat!
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and cut flag shapes. To do this, you may use a specialty cutter, or you may use the largest cutter from the Square 2-Sided Cutter Set, cutting the parallel curvilinear sides free-hand with an X-Acto or small paring knife.
2. Bake cookies and let cool.
3. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method; to make icing for this run sugar method, make a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
4. Use Lucks Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color to color both consistencies, reserving some of the regular icing (white) for the bones.
5. Use a #3 round tip to pipe outlines using black royal icing. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in with white run-in icing. Let dry.
6. Use white icing in a #3 tip to pipe crossbones.
7. Finish with one White Skulls Dec-Ons® decoration on each cookie.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz