Jurassic Dinosaur Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use a square cutter and cut off the top corners to make a volcano shaped cookie. Also bake small triangle shaped cookies so that they can be used for kickstands and let the cookies stand upright. Bake and cool cookies.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Mix batches of run icing in Brown and Red Red.
4. Frost the whole surface of the volcano with brown royal icing and let dry for 8-12 hours.
5.After your icing has set, with a #2 Piping tip and red icing, make the lava at the top of the volcano. Let set 1-2 hours.
6. With stiff royal icing, glue the small triangle cookie to the back of the cookie. And attach the Jurassic Jamboree Assortment Dec-Ons® to the front of the cake with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee