SIZE: 8” square
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Children’s birthdays are the perfect occasion to create this easy floral ladybug cake!
1. Mix bright green icing using Lucks Neon Brite Green Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45293) in a white icing base.
2. Assemble and ice the cake.
3. Mix three batches of White Vanilla Fondant (Item #46755) using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Red/Red (Item #45283) (use only a scant amount to make rose pink), Sunset Orange (Item #45302) and Deep Pink (Item #45281).
4. Cut two 4” circles from pink and orange fondants, and then cut one small orange oval for the head. Cut the pink circle in half for the wings, and arrange the ladybug on the iced cake.
5. Fashion antennae and a birthday age numeral from deep pink fondant, and apply to the design.
6. Use Medium Bright Daisies Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #43676) for the ladybug’s dots as well as for garden décor, as shown.
7. Pipe wavy grass top and bottom borders using a #5 plain round tube (Item #11027).
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz