SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
Turn traditional baby icons into hilarious and delicious shower treats!
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and cut ovals using the Plain Oval Cutter Set.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method; to make icing for this run sugar method, make a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Use Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Sunset Orange, Royal Blue and Leaf Green—with just a hint of Buckeye Brown mixed into each—to color the run-in icing. Use Golden Yellow to tint a small portion of the regular recipe, and brown to tint the remainder of the regular recipe.
4. Use a #3 plain round tube to pipe outlines using regular brown royal icing, as shown. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in designs as shown. Let dry.
5. After your icing has set up, pipe eyes and hair, and then finish with Mustache and Tie Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz