SIZE: Other (Yule Log)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
Who says Yule Logs are only for the holidays? This captivating spin on tradition will simply enchant your customers.
1. In advance of assembling this cake, mix a light blue fondant using Lucks Blue Airbrush Color (Item #10158), then fashion love birds out of cereal treats, and cover in fondant.
2. Roll out some fondant and apply a strip of Aqua Paisley Variety Designer Prints™ (Item #43783) with a fine mist of water; cut out four wings either free-hand, or with a paisley or leaf cutter. Apply to bird bodies and set bodies aside.
3. Ice and smooth the log with icing lightly colored with one part Lucks Yellow Airbrush Color (Item #10167) to one part Brown Airbrush Color (Item #10159).
4. Apply “branches” as usual.
5. With fudge or ganache icing, roughly ice the log to give it a bark-like appearance, leaving the front of the log uniced. With fudge or ganache in a #4 plain round tube (Item #11026), pipe a message as shown.
6. Arrange the birds in a snuggly pose; you may wish to anchor them with small toothpicks or skewers if the cake is to travel a long distance.
7. Pipe eyes with a #4 tip and icing tinted with Lucks Coal Black Liqua-Gel (Item # 45290). Airbrush cheeks with Lucks Pink Airbrush Color (Item #10165), then pipe beaks with a #4 tip and icing mixed with Lucks Egg Shade Airbrush Color (Item #10160).
8. Apply Medium (Item #13802) and Small (Item #13801) Bright Red Royal Icing Roses to the log, as well as some Bumble Bees (Item #45148) and Lady Bugs Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #45147).
9. Using icing mixed with Lucks Green Airbrush Color (Item# 10162) and a #8 plain round tube (Item #11031), pipe leaves around the roses.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz