Love Letter Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Bake your favorite cut-out cookie recipe, and use a heart shaped cutter to cut the cookies. Let cool.
2. Use Lucks Red Red Premium Gel Color to make light pink and red icing. To make light pink, use a scant amount of color.
3. Use a #3 plain round tip to pipe outlines using stiff colored royal icing around the edge of the cookie. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in the cookies with either light pink, white or red flood consistency icing. While the cookies are still wet, pipe the design of your choice. Let the icing dry 8 hours or overnight.
4. After your icing has set, attach the Love Letters Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing.
5. Use a #3 tip with stiff consistency white icing to pipe a simple border around the cookie.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee