Cake Size: 10” round
Skill Level: Moderate
With just a little bit of Lucks, you can create this lucky cake in a snap!
1. Assemble and ice the cake.
2. Tint a batch of fondant using Leaf Green Liqua-Gel Color.
3. Tint another batch of fondant using Neon Brite Green Liqua-Gel Color, and a couple drops of Red/Red Liqua-Gel Color.
4. Roll out both colors of green fondant.
5. Using the Diamond Cutter Set, cut diamond shapes out of both colors of green fondant. Place them on the side of your cake as you go, in an alternating pattern as shown.
6. Mix two colors of icing using Neon Brite Green and Leaf Green Liqua-Gel Colors.
7. Using neon green icing and a #5 tip, pipe lines around the top border, starting at the tip of the diamonds as shown.
8. With the darker green and a #5 tip, pipe a line right next to the first one as shown.
9. For the bottom border, mix a pastel shade of leaf green, and with a #8 tip, pipe a beaded bottom border as shown.
10. Using a #2 tip and Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color, pipe a broken line on top of the green border as shown.
11. Finish off your lucky cake by placing a Western Assortment or Shamrock Charms Dec-Ons® decorations on each diamond.
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol