What a classic yet edgy combination of geometric shapes! The bottom tier of this cake is 10" square by 4" high. The middle tier is 8" round by 3" high, and the top tier is 4" square by 3" high.
1. For easier handling, make your globes out of white and black fondant a day ahead of time. To make sure they're the same size, you can weigh them.
2. For professional results, trim the white ends from the Designer Prints™ decorations using a ribbon insertion tool with the pointed blade (Item #11752) or an X-ACTO type razor knife.
3. Airbrush the globes with Pearl Shimmer Airbrush Color (Item #43706) and allow to dry.
4. Ice cake with buttercream.
5. The bottom tier has two strips of Classic Diamonds Designer Prints™ sheets (Item #43816) on each side of the square tier (for a total of eight strips). Start with the top strip, and lay it on the cake to fold at the center of the diamonds over the top of the tier.
6. Add the bottom strip to match up with the diamond points.
7. Wrap Mod Dots Designer Prints™ sheets (Item #45052) around the next tier, placing them high.
8. Finish the top tier with Classic Checks Designer Prints™ sheets (Item #43817).
9. Mix some black fondant.
10. Roll out and trim strips for corners of bottom tier, bottom of second tier, bottom and top of top tier.
11. Roll out a rope of fondant for the outside top edge of the middle tier.
12. Place your fondant globes as you like, and you're done!
Decorating idea by Kasia Wilk