SIZE: Other (cupcakes)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Go bananas with these adorable monkey cupcakes!
1. Mix turquoise icing using three parts Lucks Blue Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10158) with one part Lucks Green Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10162).
2. Mix yellow icing using Lucks Yellow Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10167), and brown icing using Lucks Brown Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10159).
3. Melt milk chocolate coating chocolate or candy melts using your preferred method. Fill a parchment triangle with melted chocolate and cut an opening approximately 1/8”; pipe a series of spiral monkey tails onto a sheet of parchment. Let chocolate set.
4. Ice cupcakes with turquoise icing using the open end of a Plastic Coupler (Item #11024) and smooth.
5. Pipe a monkey body, as shown, on each cupcake using brown icing in an open Delrin coupler.
6. Attach a #5 plain round tube (Item #11027) to the coupler used for the monkey bodies, and pipe the arm behind the banana and the rear leg.
7. Pipe a banana in each monkey’s hand using yellow icing and a #5 tip. Tip: to save time, you may use banana candies in lieu of piping.
8. Pipe the other monkey arm on each cupcake, holding the banana.
9. Finish by applying one Monkey Royal Icing Decoration (Item #45842) and one chocolate tail to each monkey body.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz