Silly Monster Cake with Donuts
SIZE: 6” round + donuts
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
1. Mix a batch of dark pink buttercream icing and a batch of dark pink standard glaze using Tourmaline Premium Gel Color.
2. To prepare monster eyes, dip cake balls or donut holes into pink glaze, and then roll in pink sanding sugar to coat. Set aside.
3. Roll out black fondant and use an X-Acto knife to cut out a semi circle for the mouth.
4. Roll out white fondant and use an X-Acto knife to cut four triangular teeth, two slightly larger and two smaller, as shown.
5. Fill, stack and crumb coat the cake using pink icing.
6. Apply the black mouth to the middle front side of the cake, then dampen the back of each white fondant tooth with a bit of water and a food-safe brush. Arrange white teeth on black mouth, as shown.
7. Use pink icing in a #22 Star Tip to pipe monster fur over the whole cake.
8. Use toothpicks or wooden skewers to arrange cake balls / donut holes on the top of the cake.
9. Use a dab of icing to attach a variety of eyeball Dec-Ons® decorations to the dessert rounds.
1. Tint batches of standard glaze yellow, orange, pink, purple and blue using Premium Gel Colors.
2. Glaze donuts and finish with Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz