SIZE: 4” squares
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
Create a scene with this lively mosaic cake set, literally!
- Assemble and ice four 4” square single layer cakes.
- Mix four batches of White Vanilla Fondant using Premium Gel Colors in Red Red (use only a scant amount to make rose pink), Neon Bright Green, Sky Blue and Sunset Orange.
- Cover each cake in tinted fondant, as shown.
- Roll color-matched fondant cord by hand or create with an extruder to fashion free-form curlicue and coiled bottom borders for each cake.
- Mix brown and green icings using Premium Gel Colors in Brown and Neon Bright Green.
- Pipe a scene of interconnected branches among all four cakes, as shown, using #5 Piping tip.
- Finish with Birds of Fancy Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations positioned throughout the branches.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz