Sculpted Mushroom and Animal Cake
These require supports such as the Grecian Columns (Item #43355) or plastic straws. I recommended you use a dense pound cake for the bottoms of the mushrooms and a light weight marshmallow treat for the caps of your mushrooms, or do the entire thing is marshmallow treats.
1. Make your mushroom bases, and enrobe each with a marbled fondant using Lucks Brown Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10159) or chocolate fondant.
2. Use a rounded fondant tool to make vertical veins in your stems.
3. Arrange the stems on one board that you have iced with buttercream colored with Lucks Green Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10162).
4. Set mushroom bases/stems aside or chill in refrigerator.
5. Use grease resistant cake boards cut to size and form a variety of sizes and shapes of mushroom caps on the boards with marshmallow treats.
6. Enrobe in fondant.
7. Airbrush the mushroom caps with Lucks Red Shimmer Airbrush Color (Item #43709).
8. Cut disks of white fondant and add to the mushroom caps.
9. Allow shimmer to dry.
10. Secure your mushroom caps on to your mushroom stems with buttercream.
11. Use chocolate fondant to cut a door shape for one of your mushrooms.
12. Finish with Woodland Animals Asst Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #45812) and Leafed Flower Charms Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #14362).
The trick to this is do not create mushrooms that are leaning too far, or your cake creation will tumble.
Decorating idea by Kasia Wilk