SIZE: 8” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Who’ll be watching the clock with this festive treat on the table?
1. Ice the cake in white icing.
2. Airbrush the sides of the cake using Lucks Yellow Shimmer Airbrush Color.
3. Mix three batches of colored icing using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Sky Blue, Red/Red, and Lemon Yellow.
4. With a #5 plain round tube and blue icing, pipe a wavy swag pattern around the sides of the cake; next, pipe several blue dots around the perimeter of the cake’s top and place one yellow star from the Rainbow Star Charms on each dot.
5. With a #8 tube and yellow icing, pipe a beaded border along the top and bottom of the cake; carefully airbrush the borders with Yellow Shimmer.
6. With a #4 tube and red icing, pipe the words “H...Y NEW YE..R”, leaving adequate room for the Mini Birthday Assortment Dec-Ons® Decorations which will function as the remaining letters.
7. Using the polka-dotted blowers as “P”s and the party hats as “A”s, complete the festive greeting.
8. Finish by placing one party hat below the juncture of each blue swag, as shown, and applying a scattering of Bright Sequins to the borders.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz