Patriotic Banner Stars Cake
SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Mix red and blue icings using Premium Gel Colors in Super Red and Royal Blue.
2. If decorating an ice cream cake, allow ice crystal to soften a bit by letting the cake sit at room temperature for just a few minutes. Then proceed to Step 3.
3. Apply Patriotic Banner Designer Prints® decorations evenly around the sides of the cake, leaving a 1/3” gap between strips.
4. Pipe a bottom border using red icing with a #11 round tip. Continue by piping in between the sides and each Designer Print® decoration.
5. Place 2 stars from the Large Patriotic Stars Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations on the top of the cake as shown.
6. Pipe a top border using blue icing in a #10 round tip leaving a ½” gap between the border and the edge of the cake.
7. Attach Large Patriotic Stars Dec-Ons® decorations to the top of the cake, using small dabs of icing if necessary.
8. Finish by piping an inscription with red icing and a #5 tip.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee