Picnic Party Watermelon Cake
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Ice cake with white buttercream.
2. Apply Designer Prints® strips to the sides of the cake while icing is still fresh.
3. Use an open coupler and white icing to pipe a solid bottom border as shown.
4. Add sprinkles onto the fresh border by holding the cake in one hand and scooping them and pressing gently against the border with the other.
5. Divide two small batches of buttercream, and using Premium Gel Color mix a batch of red and a batch of green.
5. Using green icing and an open coupler, begin to make the leaves on the top of the cake. To do this, pipe a dot of icing using an open coupler in three spots on the cake where the widest base of the leaves will be. Take a small angled spatula and gently spread the dot of icing out, letting the color lighten as you work it to the smaller end of the leaf.
6. Use a #4 Piping Tip and green icing to pipe an outline of a leaf over the icing you just blended in. Use the same tip to pipe the center and accents of the leaves.
7. Using red icing and a #4 Piping Tip, pipe message on top of cake.
8. Attach Dec-Ons® decorations to top of cake with a dot of icing.
Decorating idea by Lori Cook & Charra Jarosz