This cake has three tiers. The bottom tier is 8” square by 3 1/2" high. The middle tier is 6” square by 3 1/2" high, and the top tier is 4” square by 3” high.
1. Two days ahead of time, prepare your colored fondants using Lucks Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color (Item# 45290) and another with Lucks Pink Liquid Airbrush Color (Item# 10165). Let rest overnight.
2. The next day, roll out pink fondant and cut into several 3/4" wide and 8” long strips. Create the zigzag pattern on the edges by using a fondant design wheel. Use a straw or chopstick and loosely wrap your fondant strips around it.
3. Next, roll black and pink fondant into thin ropes and make loops as shown. Allow these to dry overnight.
4. When you are ready to assemble your cake, ice it with buttercream but do not stack the tiers yet.
5. Use the Classic Dots and Stripes Tall Designer Prints™ design (Item# 45063). For professional results, trim the white ends from the Designer Prints™ sheets using a ribbon insertion tool with the pointed blade (Item #11752) or an Exacto type razor knife. Return them to the re-sealable bag until ready to use.
6. Wrap your Designer Prints™ sheets around each cake tier, as shown.
7. Prepare a pink square of fondant for the top of the bottom tier and black squares of fondant for the tops of the other tiers.
8. Place the fondant, and then stack your tiers.
9. Edge the bottom tier with a pink fondant ribbon and the middle tier with a black fondant rope.
10. Edge with pink buttercream as shown, using a #3 plain round tube (Item #11022) in shell borders and zigzag borders.
11. Assemble the top piece on the cake using your curly fondant loops.
12. Optional: Make it a wedding shower cake by adding Wedding Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations (Item# 43681).
Decorating idea by Kasia Wilk