SIZE: 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Add dazzle to this popular ruffle cake by spraying generously with Shimmer Airbrush Color.
1. Mix pink icing using a scant amount of Lucks Red Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10166).
2. Mix a drop of Lucks Leaf Green Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45274) into a small portion of White Vanilla Fondant (Item #46755).
3. Use leaf cutters from the Flowers and Leaf Cutters Set (Item #15344) to create a handful of fondant leaves, texturing with veining tools from the Sculpting Tool Set (Item #13315) if desired.
4. Using a #104 petal tip (Item #11046), pipe pink ruffled ribbons vertically up the sides of the cake, as shown. TIP: It may help icing attachment if you apply a thin base coat of pink icing to anchor the ribbons.
5. Using the same tip, and starting from the outer top edge and moving inward, pipe concentric ruffled borders to fill the entirety of the top of the cake.
6. Spray Pearl Shimmer Airbrush Color (Item# 43706) over all surfaces of the cake.
7. Arrange Large (Item #13669) and Small (Item #13667) Party Blue Royal Icing Roses on the top edge of the cake.
8. Finish by arranging fondant leaves as shown, or as best suits your arrangement.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz