Pop Clink Fizz Cake
SIZE: 8 inch double layer round cake
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Bake and cool cake.
2. While cake is cooling, mix a batch of black candy melt with Premium Candy Color. Pour black candy melt onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread to about ¼” thick. While still wet, sprinkle candy with a custom sprinkle mix of White Non-Pareils, Gold Confetti Quins, Silver Confetti Quins, White Confetti Quins and White Sprinkles. Let dry completely.
3. Ahead of time peel a Chalkboard Plaque Sweet Shapes® Fondant piece and lay flat to dry.
4. Mix batches of black and white icings using Premium Gel Color.
5. Ice smooth sides of cake with black icing. Ice top of cake smooth with white icing.
6. Pipe lines of “bubbles” around sides of cake with white icing using piping tips #10, 6 and 2.
7. Pipe top dots border with white icing using piping tip #10. TIP: lightly dip a finger into water and gently round out any tips that form when piping the dots.
8. Pipe message onto Chalkboard Plaque Sweet Shapes® Fondant using white icing and piping tip #1.
9. Pipe large dollops of white icing to top of cake and place Chalkboard Plaque Sweet Shapes® Fondant against the icing to hold in place. Add additional icing dollops to support if needed.
10. Cut numbers and stars (1 ¾” – 2 ¼” stars) out of candy melt sprinkles mix by pressing shaped metal cookie cutters through the cooled candy melt sheet.
11. Arrange candy melt stars and gold star pieces from Mini Adorable Unicorn Asst. Sweet Shapes® Fondant set around top of cake and hold in place with dots of icing.
12. Place “2020” cut-out candy melt shapes against front of cake and hold in place with icing