This cake is on the fast track to being the hit of the party!
The cake can be made any size, but the size shown here used two 6” round cakes, side by side.
Ice the cakes and fill in space where they meet with icing or cake trimming from a sheet cake.
1. Prepare Classic Checks Designer Prints™ Edible Image® decoration (Item #43817) by trimming away the white ends of each strip with a ribbon insertion tool (Item #11752) using the pointed blade or an exacto type razor knife. Wrap the Designer Prints™ decorations around your cake. Begin by holding one end and pressing the other end of the Designer Print™ sheet around the cake. This cake size will take approximately 3 Designer Prints™ strips.
2. Next, mix some black icing using Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color (Item # 45290) and pipe the track around the top of the cake. Smooth with a spatula.
3. After that, mix some icing using Super Red Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45284) and pipe a bottom shell border with a #18 star tube (Item #11073).
4. Using white icing and a #5 plain round tube (Item #11027), pipe a top shell border.
5. Add an inscription in the center as per the customer’s request and finish with Mini Race Cars Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #14229).
This cake will certainly zoom out of the showcase!
Decorating Idea by: Kasia Wilk