Rainbow Cake Slices
SIZE: Other (slices)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Mix batches of princess pink, yellow, green and teal icings using Premium Gel Colors.
2. Fill a sheet cake by piping stripes of alternating icing colors, applied with #807 Extra Large Piping tips. Smooth with a spatula.
3. Finish assembling the sheet cake, and then ice the top in white icing.
4. Mix a small batch of black icing.
5. Mark out your cake slices before cutting.
6. Using these slice marks as a guide, arrange Designer Prints® strips across the sheet cake, so that each slice will have a strip applied across the top edge.
7. Slice cake.
8. Use colored icing in #5 Piping Tips to pipe celebratory messages.
9. Use black icing in a #2 Round Tip to pipe accents on letters, as shown.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz