SIZE: 4” hexagon
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
Shimmer Ribbons™ decorations are the perfect way to add charm to your Valentine’s small serves!
1. Ice the cake using white icing.
2. Apply Red Shimmer Ribbons™ (Item #46426) around the base of the cake, as shown.
3. Mix green icing using Lucks Green Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10162) in a white icing base.
4. With a #4 plain round tube (Item #11026) and green icing, pipe a stem and leaves.
5. Cut one Shimmer Ribbons™ decoration into three pieces: one approximately 5” in length, one approximately 3” in length, and one approximately 2” in length, while it is still on the backing.
6. Peel the 5” ribbon from the backing and carefully pleat and gather at the base—as you would a fan—and place in appropriate relation to the stem. Continue with the 3” and then the 2” piece, layering each new piece atop the last, larger, piece.
7. Pipe a calyx at the base of the ribbon flower using green icing.
8. With a #5 plain round tube (Item #11027) and white icing, pipe a bottom border.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz