Retro Purse Cake
SIZE: Shaped 8” cake
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
1. Mix two batches of fondant- one neon pink and one black using Neon Bright Pink and Black Premium Gel Color.
2. To shape the cake, cut off part of the side of an 8” cake and set the cake up on the flat cut.
3. Ice the cake with buttercream frosting.
4. Roll out some white fondant and apply the Designer Prints® sheet to the fondant with water or clear baking extract. Place the decorated fondant on the flat sides of the cake and cut off the excess fondant around the edge.
5. Roll out a strip of the pink fondant and measure the strip so it is as wide as the cake. Place the pink fondant on the bare sides of the cake and trim off the excess.
6. Using an extruder, mold the black fondant to make the edges of the purse as well as the rope handles. Apply the black fondant pieces to the cake with a brush and water.
7. Mix a batch of black frosting by mixing Black Premium Gel Color to buttercream. With a #3 tip, pipe holes where the straps meet the purse.
8. Use a #4 tip and white icing, pipe an inscription on the cake.
9. For the cupcakes, frost the cupcakes with a#828 star tip and place a ring on top.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee