SIZE: 8” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
For kids, ‘tweens and teens alike, this bold cake will please any aspiring rocker!
1. Ice cake in white icing and apply Classic Checks Designer Prints™ decorations to the sides of the cake. For professional looking results, trim the white ends from print with a ribbon insertion tool with the pointed blade or use an X-ACTO type razor knife.
2. Apply Aqua Blue Shimmer Ribbons™ decorations around the cake, just below he Designer Prints™ strips.
3. Apply Rock On Edible Image® decoration to the top of the cake.
4. Mix blue, yellow and black icings using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Sky Blue, Golden Yellow and Coal Black.
5. Using golden icing and a #10 plain round tube, pipe a few random dots around the edge of the top border, as shown.
6. With blue icing and a #10 tip, finish the top beaded border, piping around the yellow dots.
7. With black icing in a #10 tip, pipe a bottom border of dots.
8. With yellow icing and a #4 plain round tube, pipe small dots between each black dot comprising the bottom border.
9. Finish cake with Music Notes Dec-Ons® decorations, nestled into each random yellow dot.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz