Rose Quartz and Serenity Cake
SIZE: 8” round tall
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Mix a batch of Pantone Rose Quartz icing by combining 4 cups white icing, 2 drops Red Red, 14 toothpick pricks Royal Blue and 14 toothpick pricks Lemon Yellow gel colors.
2. Mix a batch of Pantone Serenity Blue icing by combining 4 cups white icing, 4 drops Sky Blue, 3 drops Neon Bright Purple and 2 drops Violet gel colors.
3. Ice the cake with Serenity Blue icing on the bottom half and Rose Quartz icing for the top half. Smooth the frostings to make sure there are no gaps in coverage.
4. To make the texture on the side of the cake, use a metal spatula and lightly hold the tip at the bottom of the cake. Spin the cake on the cake table and use the spatula to make a straight line. For the next line, place the spatula above the first line, overlapping them slightly. Repeat this step all the way up the cake.
5. If there is a slight overhang of frosting at the top edge of the cake, smooth the overhang with a metal spatula. Then make the swirl on top of the cake by slowly bringing the spatula to the outside edge of the cake while turning the turn table.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee