Back to School Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
1. Bake your favorite cookie recipe and cut into squares.
2. Mix batches of different colored royal icing using Leaf Green and Brown Premium Gel color. Dilute with small amounts of water until it reaches flood consistency. (Tip: Flood consistency is when the icing goes flat 15 seconds after stirring.)
3. Using brown flood consistency royal icing, create a border around the tops of the cookies with a #3 tip. Go over with a tooth pick or a scribe tool to smooth out the icing.
4. After the borders are done, fill the inside of the cookie with green flood consistency royal icing and a #3 tip. Go over with a toothpick or scribe tool to smooth out the icing. Let the cookies set over night or at least 8-12 hours.
5. Next, with white medium consistency royal icing and a #3 tip, pipe little chalk sticks and writing on the cookie chalkboards.
6. Attach the Cap and Scroll Dec-Ons® decorations to each cookie with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee