Under the Sea Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
1. Cut an even number of round cookies using your favorite no-spread recipe. TIP: For a more natural, organic form, use your hands to gently push the round “out of shape,” as shown. Bake and let cool.
2. Mix batches of light blue, lavender, pink (using a scant amount of red color) and orange icings.
3. Roll out fondant and use a cutter a few sized larger than that used for the cookie dough to create fondant discs.
4. Attach fondant rounds to cookies using a bit of icing or piping gel; fold around the edges.
5. Use the fondant sculpting tools to make sand dollar markings on half of the cookies.
6. Lay the unsculpted cookies fondant side down on your work surface, and fill with a variety of icing colors.
7. Complete the cookie sandwich by placing the sculpted cookies on the icing mounds.
8. Gently roll the edges of the icing in grande pearl non-pareils.
9. Attach one Dec-Ons® decoration to each cookie using a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol