SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Celebrate Dad on his special day with these dapper dress shirt cookies!
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and cut ovals using the second largest size from the Plain Oval Cutter. Orienting the cookies lengthwise, cut away approximately ½” from the bottom of each. Bake cookies and let cool.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method; to make icing for this run sugar method, make a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Use Lucks Black Premium Gel Color to color the regular icing.
4. Use a #3 piping tip to pipe outlines using black royal icing, as shown. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in with white run-in icing. Let dry.
5. After your icing has set up, finish with one Tie Assortment Dec-Ons® Decoration attached with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz