SIZE: 8” 4 layer round
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate/Advanced
You won't miss the beat with this flaming drum center piece cake!
1. Ice your cake.
2. Airbrush marbling on the top half of the side of the cake with Red Liquid Airbrush Color and Black Liquid Airbrush Color.
3. Trim Flames Designer Prints™ decorations about 1/8" beyond the edge of the flames. Attach the trimmed flames to the side of the cake about 1/2" from the base.
4. Roll out some white fondant and cut two 1/8" thick and 1/2" wide strips long enough to wrap around the cake.
5. Attach one strip to the bottom of the cake.
6. Attach one strip to the top of the cake, leaving about 1/4" of the strip extending beyond the top edge of the cake.
7. Spray the top edge of the bottom strip yellow with Yellow Liquid Airbrush Color.
8. Airbrush Silver Shimmer Airbrush Color on both the top and bottom border strips and on the top of the cake as shown.
9. Use a #5 tip and stripe the side of a pastry bag with black icing using Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color. Fill the rest of the bag with white icing. Pipe a fine line in the middle of each border strip and the hardware around the side of the drum as shown.
10. Use a #4 tip and Super Red Liqua-Gel Color to pipe the inscription.
11. Finish by adding flames to a few letters using a #4 tip and Super Red, Lemon Yellow, and Sunset Orange Liqua-Gel Colors.
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol