Snowflake Ornament Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and cut out using a medium sized round scalloped edge cookie cutter. Then cut a hole near the top of the cookie using a #10 round tip.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Mix a batch of icing using Sky Blue Premium Gel color.
4. Use a #3 round tip to draw a circle in the center with blue run sugar, and then fill in the outline(s). Pipe dots around the cookies leaving enough room in between for another set of dots. Allow to dry completely.
5. After the run sugar is set, us a #3 round tip to pipe another row of dots in between the previous row and place the cookie face down in a dish of White Non-Pareils. Tap the edge lightly and lift the cookie so the wet dots become covered.
6. Finish cookies by attaching Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing. And tying a piece of string through the hole.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee