SIZE: 8” two-layer and and 6” four-layer round tiers
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. A day ahead, mix batches of lime green, hot pink, gold and light and dark blue fondant.
2.Roll out the blue, pink and green fondant and cut long triangles in random heights and widths, as shown. Allow to dry.
3. Roll out gold fondant and use an X-Acto-type knife to create three stylized feathers. Allow to dry.
4. The next day, apply gold shimmer color to the feathers in several light layers. Set aside.
5. Ice the top tier in white, and apply the Edible Image® decoration.
6. Mix black icing, and ice the bottom tier in black. Immediately coat the entire bottom tier in black sanding sugar.
7. Carefully stack the tiers.
8. Use black beads to trim the bottom of the top tier, and white beads to trim the top of the top tier.
9. Finish by affixing fondant decorations using royal icing or melted chocolate.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz