SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Summertime is the BEST time for ice cream cake!
1. Mix or have on hand light blue icing (buttercream or non-dairy tinted with Lucks Sky Blue Liqua-Gel Color or pre-colored whipped topping.
2. Mix or have on hand lime green icing (icing tinted with Neon Brite Green Liqua-Gel Color), or pre-colored whipped topping (yellow and green mixed).
3. Mix blue gel using a scant amount of Sky Blue Liqua-Gel in Clear Piping Gel, or use pre-colored gel.
4. Fill your pastry bags:
--one with light blue and a #104 rose tube
--one with lime and a #5 tip
5. Take the cake out of the freezer.
6. Loosely and randomly airbrush Lucks Blue and Green Liquid Airbrush Colors around the sides of the cake.
7. Use a spatula to apply a non-dairy “beach” by roughly applying whipped topping to one half of the cake top. Lightly airbrush “sand” with Lucks Brown Liquid Airbrush Color.
8. Smooth some blue gel on the other side of the cake to give the appearance of water.
9. Pipe top and bottom borders using light blue icing in the #104 tip, as shown.
10. Pipe an inscription with lime icing in a #5 tip.
11. Finish with Flip Flops Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz