SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Is your Dad your hero? Let him know with this creative ice cream cake!
1. Mix or have on hand golden yellow icing (buttercream or non-dairy tinted with Lucks Golden Yellow Liqua-Gel Color, Item #45286), or pre-colored whipped topping.
2. Mix or have on hand blue icing (tinted with Lucks Sky Blue Liqua-Gel Color), or pre-colored whipped topping.
3. Mix or have on hand orange icing (tinted with Lucks Sunset Orange Liqua-Gel Color) or pre-colored whipped topping.
4. Mix or have on hand lime green icing (tinted with Lucks Neon Brite Green Liqua-Gel Color), or pre-colored whipped topping (yellow and green mixed).
5. Take the cake from the freezer and let rest for just a few minutes, to allow the ice crystal to soften. Use this time to fill your pastry bags:
--one with lime and a delrin coupler
Additional tips for lime icing: a #22 star tip and a #5 tip
--one with orange and a #8 tip
--one with blue and a #5 tip
--one with yellow and a #8 tip
6. Apply one Dapper Dad Edible Image® decoration to the top of the cake, oriented toward the lower half.
7. Airbrush the sides of the cake with Lucks Blue Liquid Airbrush Color.
8. Carefully airbrush around the Edible Image® decoration with Lucks Eggshade Liquid Airbrush Color.
9. Pipe tie using orange icing and smooth with a spatula; apply stripes and text with the #5 tips in blue and lime, respectively.
10. Pipe shirt collar, outline and details with yellow icing.
11. Pipe lime shell border with the #22 tip.
12. Finish with small yellow Baby Button Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea courtesy of Jesse Higel, Dairy Queen Grill and Chill, Mt. Vernon, Ohio (Runner-Up, New Product Decorating Contest 2010)