SIZE: 8” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
Sea Buddies Dec-Ons® decorations hang ten on a curling icing wave…this cake really makes a splash!
1. Ice the cake in white icing.
2. Attach Surfboards Designer Prints™ strips to the sides of the cake.
3. Mix batches of blue and gold icing using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Sky Blue and Golden Yellow.
4. Lightly spread a thin layer of gold icing over approximately half the cake’s top where the sand will be, as shown.
5. Mix “sand” by combining sanding sugars in Gold and White, with just a pinch of Black.
6. Carefully distribute sand over the gold icing.
7. Spread a layer of blue icing over the remaining half of the top of the cake.
8. To create the wave, use blue icing in a #807 large round tip to pipe a long, slightly curving teardrop shape.
9. Use white icing in a #16 star tip to add loose, ruffling whitecaps to the wave.
10. Pipe a gold bottom border, reminiscent of bamboo, using a #10 round tip.
11. Finish with Sea Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations and a single Surf Boards Dec-Ons® decoration. Mahalo!
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz